The current situation with Covid- 19 has taken a toll on netball in general and put Ongar netball club on hold. Due to recent rule changes, it means that we are able to get back to playing on the court. This does however mean additional health and safety measures have been put into place. This letter will outline the alterations and hopefully explain and give reassurance about the re-opening of the club. Even with the changes in place, I understand that this pandemic is still a concern to many and not only the individual but also the toll it could potentially have on their families. This is therefore an invite to all that feel comfortable playing with the additional measures in place and some reassurance to those still worried so that as the infection rates lower, the option of netball is still on the table for help both physically and mentally through the tough times ahead.
Additional safety measures:
- Distance to be kept where possible and face masks to be worn off court.
- Temperature checks will be taken at the start of each session.
- Hand sanitizer to be used prior to the session starting.
- The netball will be sanitized.
- No bib swapping within sessions. (paper position print outs and safety pins to be used for position switching).
- Bibs will be taken home and washed after each session.
- While in the session, hands will need to be sanitized every 15 minutes and the ball sanitised.
- Ensure own water bottles are used.
- Outdoor courts only.
- If at any point you start to develop symptoms on Covid-19, please stay at home and DO NOT attend the session.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
The session will take place at The Ongar Academy on Thursdays evenings.