All Volunteers participating in Netball.
Club Safeguarding Officers Mentors
I will Respect:
- The rules, regulations and requirements of the Sport, including, but not limited to, any competitions in which I participate either directly or indirectly.
- The rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in netball, regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion.
- The rights, dignity and worth of Children, Young People and Adults at Risk and ensure that I am aware of the Safeguarding best practice guidelines and procedures when interacting with them.
- Confidentiality and the sensitivities of information I hold on other individuals.
- Netball and the individual’s reputation and not take any action or make inappropriate comments about a fellow participant, coach, official, volunteer or member of England Netball’s staff that will bring the Sport or those associated with delivering the Sport into disrepute, including making comments on social media technology. I will respect EN’s guidance and policies on social media technology.
- The position I hold within Netball and always conduct and dress myself in an appropriate manner.
- The result of the game and will not attempt to offer, offer, or accept either directly or indirectly any consideration whatsoever in return for influencing or attempting to influence the result or seek to achieve personal gain on a result which I can influence by betting on any match or event where I am participating, either by playing, coaching or officiating, or through direct or indirect involvement.
Netball is based on Teamwork, therefore I will:
- Not abuse or misuse any relationship of trust or position of power or influence held by me in my team, be that my playing team, Club, County, Regional or England Netball
- Be on time, dressed appropriately and ready to give my full attention to the role I am carrying out within Netball.
- Recognise that individuals bring different qualities and attributes but “together we will excel”.
- Welcome new members, volunteers, and connected participation and cooperate with Members, Connected Participants, colleagues, coaches, officials, and administrators already in the Sport.
I recognise individuals participate in Netball to achieve and have fun, therefore I will:
- Recognise the achievements of others and applaud their successes.
- Endeavor to ensure that all involved in the Sport optimise their potential by promoting the positive aspects of the sport and never condoning the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination, or physical violence.
- Not impinge on others enjoyment of the Sport or my performance by consuming alcoholic drinks or smoke immediately prior to or while participating in the sport, or while safeguarding children, young people, or vulnerable adults.
- Ensure that everyone can participate in a fair, honest environment by rejecting cheating, abiding by the Anti-Doping policies and not taking illegal substances immediately prior to or while participating in the Sport.
- Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat; be sporting – whether I win or lose; always acknowledge the other team and the umpires at the end of the game with a handshake or three cheers.
- Never argue with an official or participant during a game and listen to and cooperate with officials’ decisions.
- Control my temper; I understand that verbal, emotional and physical abuse of officials, coaches, spectators or participants, or deliberately distracting or provoking a participant, coach or official is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in netball.
- Enjoy the game and ensure others can also enjoy it.
I will also:
- Be a positive role model for netball by acting in a way that projects a positive image of my role within netball and being fair, considerate and honest with participants and officials.
- Display high standards in my language, manner, punctuality, preparation and presentation to ensure that all time spent with me by participants or colleagues is a positive experience.
- Exercise reasonable care and skill when carrying out my duties, including but not limited to keeping up to date with the latest practices and developments by taking up further education and other personal and professional development opportunities.
- Be consistent, independent and demonstrate complete impartiality through exercising reasonable care and skill to enforce the rules of the game by applying them fairly and to effect control of the game.
- As a coach, seek to inspire and motivate in accordance with an individual’s abilities to enable them to play to the best of their ability and realise their potential.
- As a coach, provide athletes with planned and structured training programmes appropriate to their abilities and goals by ensuring that equal attention and opportunities are available to all, including those requiring a modified plan due to sickness or injury.
- As a tutor, assessor, tester, trainer, verifier, or mentor, provide candidates with the appropriate information, planned and structured programmes appropriate to their needs and goals, ensuring that equal attention is applied, and to provide appropriate feedback following observation of a session.
- Be mentally and physically fit to carry out my role within netball.
- Ensure that the training and/or competition environment is safe and appropriate for the age, physical and emotional maturity, experience, and ability of the athletes.
- Ensure that I follow instructions and comply with all health and safety regulations that apply to the role I am undertaking.
I will endeavour to abide by this code of conduct and promote it to others.
I understand that if I fail to follow the code, then England Netball, the Regional Association or the County Association may take action against me under the Disciplinary Regulations which may result in Sanctions including fines and suspension.